Dr. David Suzuki, geneticist, broadcaster and international environmental advocate
Ron Berezan, Guest Speaker at Powell River Garden Club's (PRGC) first meeting of the 2011-2012 season and an enthusiastic teacher of permaculture and organic gardening methods, is a member of that 'critical gang' mentioned by Dr. Suzuki. Ron's presentation, The Edible Landscape, captivated the interest of the 70 Club members present at the September 27th meeting.
Ron is offering the first ever Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) to the community of Powell River called, "Creating Community Abundance ."
Based on the international 72 hour permaculture design curriculum, this course will be spread out over four seasons, with four 3 day weekends beginning November 18 - 20, 2011. This intense and inspiring program will provide the knowledge and tools for you, your family and your community to move boldly down the path towards self-sufficiency, resilience and community abundance. Included in this adventure of discovery will be:
- Permaculture design ethics and principles
- Methods of design and ecological patterns
- Annual and perennial food growing and preserving strategies
- Animals in rural and urban areas
- Soil, water and energy systems
- Appropriate technologies and green building
- Ecosystems and ecological restoration
- Settlement design and community strategies
- Alternative economies and resilience
- And much more...!