Saturday, May 16, 2020

Container Gardening-Blueberries

Joyce Bredo has been growing almost everything in pots for years. Recently she sent me pictures of her blueberries happily growing in pots.


"These are the two types of blossoms on the blueberry bushes" . Joyce






Below: "The one on the left is the oldest one I have . I bought it from Eternal Seeds when they first started their business here . I had never heard of patio blueberry bushes until then . The other 2 I have had for about 5 and 6 years. A few weeks ago I cleaned them up by trimming the dead branches. I gently removed some of the top soil then top dressed the shrubs with sea soil and Flower Power . On top of all that I placed some wood chips to help retain moisture". Joyce





For those of you who would like to try it here is a handy You Tube tutorial.





P.S. The dimensions of the compost bin  have been added to the previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you visit let us know by leaving a comment. If you have a gmail account you can comment using the google designation in the "comment as" box. If not you will need to scroll down in the "comment as" box until you reach anonymous at the bottom. Click on it as your choice. Write your comment, add your first name or initials and hit the PUBLISH button.